EACH SUMMER, CAMP OTX HIRES UP TO 20 COLLEGE-AGED YOUNG PEOPLE TO SERVE AS MEMBERS OF THE CAMP OTX CRAFTS/CULINARY TEAM. MEMBERS OF THE THIS TEAM HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THEIR EXISTING ARTISTIC AND CREATIVE TALENTS TO SERVE THE OVERALL MISSION OF CAMP OTX.
The overall responsibility of the Camp OTX Crafts/Culinary team is to help ensure the smooth and effective operation of all aspects of the Camp OTX Crafts/Culinary Program. Crafts and Culinary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching and supervising a wide variety of craft classes and activities
- Cleaning, stocking and preparing the Crafts Center for program use
- Running registers to facilitate purchases of Store and Craft items
- Creating and preparing decorations for the Staff Banquet
- Teaching and supervising a variety of cooking and grilling classes and activities
- Cleaning, stocking and preparing Belba’s Bistro and Pops’ BBQ for program use
All members of the Crafts/Culinary team can expect to learn valuable lessons in project and supply management, group and individual teaching, and interpersonal skills. Crafts/Culinary workers can also expect to gain experience in a wide variety of crafts, culinary, and creative endeavors. A partial list of crafts/culinary classes and activities offered are:
- Pottery Wheel
- Stained Glass
- Candle Making
- Ceramics Duct Tape Design
- Skateboard Design
- Model Building
- Screen Printing
- T-shirt Tie-dye
- Grill Masters
- Sushi Making
- Food Critique
- Fondue Making
- Baking 101
- Cooking 101
- … and much more!
All Crafts/Culinary team members work under the direction of full-time Camp OTX staff and play a crucial role in the experience, ministry and outreach of Camp OTX. All necessary equipment and training is provided, although some experience with a variety of craft endeavors is preferred.
Finally, all members of the Camp OTX Crafts/Culinary team get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside other talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Crafts/Culinary position, please email us at [email protected]