EACH SUMMER, CAMP OTX HIRES UP TO 7 COLLEGE-AGED YOUNG PEOPLE TO SERVE AS MEMBERS OF THE OFFICE ADMINISTRATION TEAM. OFFICE STAFF MEMBERS HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THEIR ORGANIZATIONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS TO SERVE THE OVERALL MISSION OF CAMP OTX.
The overall responsibility of an Office Administration Intern is to help facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the Camp OTX Office. There are 3 primary roles in which a member of the Office Staff may serve: Office Assistant, Post Office Assistant, and Courier.
Daily Office Assistant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Basic administrative work such as data entry, answering the telephones, and filing
- Making camp program announcements over the camp speakers
- Coordination and organization of camper packets and awards
- Direct and indirect communication with camp families
Daily Post Office Assistant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting and distributing all camp mail and packages
- Managing Lost and Found items
- Assist in the coordination of FedEx and UPS receiving/shipping
Daily Courier duties include, but are not limited to:
- Picking up mail each morning
- Transport of campers and staff to and from the airport
- Shopping trips for program, administrative, and facility needs
All Office Staff can expect to learn valuable lessons in customer service, time management, organizational skills, and business operations. All Office Staff work under the direction of full-time Camp OTX staff, and play a crucial role in the experience, ministry, and outreach of Camp OTX. All necessary training is provided.
Finally, all members of the Office Staff get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside other talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!