EACH SUMMER, CAMP OTX HIRES UP TO 8 COLLEGE-AGED YOUNG PEOPLE TO SERVE AS PART OF THE STORE STAFF. RETAIL SERVICES INTERNS HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THEIR ORGANIZATIONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS TO SERVE THE OVERALL MISSION OF CAMP OTX.
The overall responsibility of a Store staff member is to help facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the Camp OTX Store. The Camp OTX Store offers a wide variety of drinks, food, clothing and other camp items. In addition, many Store items can be purchased via the Camp OTX Online Store, and the Store Staff also helps facilitate these orders. Retail Services Intern duties include, but are not limited to:
- Restocking and inventory of food and drink items
- Restocking and inventory of clothing and gift items
- Camper and staff uniform distribution
- Working Store registers during Stampede, Special Events, Opening Day, and Closing Day
- Coordination and delivery of Care Packages, Birthday Packages, and other items purchased via the Camp OTX Online Store
- Assisting with Post Office operations
- Cleaning and organization of both Camp Stores
- Daily Cabin Inspection
All Retail Services Staff can expect to learn valuable lessons in customer service, teamwork, organizational skills, and retail operations. All Retail Services Staff work under the direction ,of full-time Camp OTX staff, and play a crucial role in the experience, ministry, and outreach of Camp OTX. All necessary training will be provided.
Finally, all members of the Camp OTX Store Staff get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside other talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Retail Services Intern position, please email us at [email protected]