THE WORSHIP LEADER HAS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO USE HIS/HER MUSIC LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN PREPARING AND LEADING DAILY CAMPER AND STAFF WORSHIP SERVICES WHILE SUPPORTING THE OVERALL MISSION OF CAMP OTX.
The overall responsibility of the Worship Leader is to help ensure the successful and professional execution of the Camp OTX worship services. There are two age-specific services occurring simultaneously in a typical evening, as well as five staff worship services and several additional special services for the entire camp each session. Worship leader duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation for leadership of staff worship services that occur two to three times weekly
- Leading worship at one of our daily worship services
- Identifying other Camp OTX Staff to play at worship services and properly communication expectations to staff
- Assisting/leading in teaching morning classes (usually guitar) in support of Camp OTX’s program
- Refereeing Team Competition as needed
- Supervising an area of camp during Stampede (campers’ free time)
- Supervising activities during Special Events
- …and more!
Worship Leaders can expect to gain valuable experience in song selection, service crafting, communication, teamwork, leadership, and servanthood. The Worship Leader works under the direction and supervision of full-time ministry resources staff. The Worship Leader plays a pivotal role in the experience, ministry, and outreach of Camp OTX, as he/she directly contributes to the spiritual growth of campers and staff. Previous experience working with children is not required, but preferred. Prior experience teaching music lessons and leading worship is also preferred.
Finally, the Worship Leader gets to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside other talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Worship Leader position, please email us at [email protected].